Updating Your Home for the Long Run
When you are getting ready to replace the roof on your home, you are likely aware of just how many options there are to choose from. You could stick with the typical asphalt shingles or go with something different. Depending on your budget, needs, concerns, and more, you may be want to consider a metal roof. Metal roofing on residential properties is becoming more and more popular these days. To learn more about a metal roof installation in Wharton and Spring, TX, contact the experts at Weather Guard Roofing. We’re available to talk or to schedule an appointment at __PHONE__.
Benefits of a Metal Roof Installation
Is a metal roof installation worth it? Are there any benefits to this roofing structure? There actually are! If you have been considering swapping out your old roof for something different, metal is definitely the way to go. With a professional installation, you can have a roof that is beautiful and reliable.
- Longevity: One of the most popular advantages of a metal roof is the longevity factor. This structure can last upwards of 75 years or longer! That’s over 2x longer than an asphalt shingle roof! There is also a reduced need for maintenance with a metal roof as well.
- Durability: Metal by its nature is a highly durable material. Aluminum and steel are very flexible, allowing for expansion, contraction, impacts and more. This means that your roof will be able to handle all the harsh conditions that it will have to go through.
- Energy Efficient: Rather than absorbing heat like shingles, the metal actually reflects the heat and light away. In turn, this will help your house and HVAC system operate more efficiently.
- Eco-Friendly: Most metal roofing is actually made from recycled materials. More than that, it can be installed directly over existing roofing materials, which means you are reducing the amount of wasted product.
There are all kinds of pros and cons to a metal roof installation. The disadvantages would typically be noise. When a roof is installed without insulation or padding, the noise from even minimal things can sound louder than usual. That’s why when you are considering this roofing structure, it’s so important to find a reputable contractor. Just like if you needed something like hydro jetting, which can potentially damage your pipes if done poorly. You need a professional, certified contractor to complete any metal roofing services on your home. You need Weather Guard Roofing.
Metal Roof Installation vs Asphalt Shingles
Which is the better investment: a metal roof or an asphalt shingle roof? The answer to that is dependent on several things. Of course as many are already aware of, a metal roof installation costs more than a shingle installation. The initial costs are usually what deter homeowners away from a metal roof because they either can’t afford it or don’t want to spend that much money in general. That in mind, while a metal roof is more expensive initially, an asphalt shingle roof can cost you around the same amount over time. You will likely need more services such as shingle roof repair in Wharton, TX than you would need metal roof repairs. This means you could potentially end up spending more money on your cheaper, asphalt shingle roof.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does it cost to install a metal roof?
- A metal roofing shingle by itself will cost you about $7-$10 while the installation costs will probably be about $9-$12 per square foot. That will vary from contractor to contractor though. In total, you’ll want to budget for about $12,000 or in that ballpark.
- Can you put a metal roof over shingles?
- Yes! One of the biggest advantages of a metal roof is that it can pretty much be installed over any existing roofing material. So long as what’s already there is still in good condition, you can install a metal roof directly over it.
- Is it cheaper to get a metal roof or shingles?
- Initially, no, a metal roof will be the more expensive route. Not only is the material more expensive to purchase, but the labor costs are often more expensive as well. However, metal lasts 2-3 times longer than asphalt shingles, which can ultimately save you money in the long run.
- Does a metal roof increase home value?
- Yes, a metal roof will in fact increase your home value. You and your neighbors will notice a rise in your current property values, but when you choose to sell your home is when you will also notice a potentially better resale value.
- Does a metal roof lower your insurance?
- A certified metal roof installation can potentially lower your insurance. Metal is less likely than shingles to catch fire or contribute to major property damage. To ensure this is something you could benefit from, contact your insurance provider for further information.
Connect With Us Today for More
For a metal roof installation in Wharton and Spring, TX, look no further than Weather Guard Roofing. We want to help you have the best home and property possible. Call us at __PHONE__ to schedule an appointment.